Sunday, March 4, 2012

Joy, Bliss, and GLEEEEE!!

OPENING WEEKEND, YOU FANCY PANTS FREAKS! And what fun it has been! This cast knows I adore them. I am SO damn proud of the work they are doing. And I don't just mean the cast. Scott has created something really original and fun. You don't get this sort of opportunity often! I LURVE. Justin, our fearless band leader really brought us out of a tough spot this week with only some of the band receiving the correct music 2 or less DAYS before the start of the run! Because of the score changes (for a smaller band ) the writers had to do for our production, some things got a little lost in translation. But, "have no fear, the coast is clear" we are up and running!

PREGGO BELLY CAM
And speaking of the the writers...some decided to make an appearance at our show last night. O.O That's right. The composer Adam Schlesinger actually came to see our show. Welp. Just about peed my pants when I heard that one. Along with the orchestrator. I couldn't freaking believe it. It's so cool that these guys were enthusiastic about their material enough to come and see our show! They were very complimentary and actually loved our production. That's a great thing to hear from the people who helped WRITE it. Very rad.

Gettin' all snazzied up!
It's been interesting to see how audiences react to this show. I mean, WE all like it, our director, band, costume designer, sound guy, set guys, and stage manager all like it. They've been our audience thus far. But, it's the ones' we've been practicing for I'm curious to hear from. One thing I've heard through the grapevine of audience members was that they were captivated by listening to the lyrics. That makes me happy. I think the lyrics are way too funny and clever to pass up or just listen to idly. Haha, had a few brain jarring moments whilst french kissing and catching the gaze of an old couple. AWKWARD TURTLE. I also looked directly at a guy during "Girl, Can I Kiss You With Tongue?" that straight up put his program over the bottom part of his face, giggled, and glanced around uncomfortably. *Dusts hands* my work here is done. I've just had absolutely NO idea how people were going to react. It's been the majority positive, but I still would like to hear some actual feedback. I love the mix of confusion, curiosity, and laughter on people's face.

You never QUITE feel like you know all your lines...
I believe we are all feeling a bit of the heat. At the ending of a long tech week and opening, we're all pretty exhausted BUT, it doesn't make me any less excited to arrive at that theater and start getting ready with the rest of my cast. Sleep? I don't know what you're talking about. I'm only young and resilient for a a short period of time, right? Let's do this, my babies.

See you at the show, darlings.
You better watch your ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment