Friday, January 20, 2012

...And that, folks, is how I got preggers.

Oh, god. I didn't mean me. You stop that right now.

I received my preggo belly for rehearsal the other night...just about the most terrifying thing to see on your young body. I mean, to most women it's like "OoOo! The Miracle of life! It's so beautiful!" WHAT?! There is a human being inside of your body! That is straight up science-fiction-Rod-Serling-in-your-face-Twilight-Zone shiz! It even comes out purple and screaming at you. If that's your bag, good for you. Breed away. And, yes, it's how we all got here, blah, blah, blah-whatever. Doesn't make it any less scary. *Shivers*

Despite my obvious fear of pregnancy, it's kind of crazy how much of an effect a wardrobe or prop piece like that can have. I mean, it completely changes the way I hold my body. I can't naturally stand a tad forward or too straight because the bottom of my belly (EEEK!) touches my legs and it's not like I can squish it down per the person inside. You can't stop touching it, either! I felt like a good luck charm all night or one of these...


 I think it's also hilarious how one with such a body type automatically stands like this...

I just see it as a chance for extra SASS. Ive never really had any extreme character physical feature like this. High heels and tight skirts, sure, but not like this. It really is kind of jarring. But, man, does it make Pepper ever more real. I mean, this bitch really IS bad(in a good way). She is a friggin vat of tiny people and handles it like a pro. She's going to sing, dance, hang out with her friends, and she's going to have fun. Being a naive teenager has something to do with it, but I think it's pretty cool she is so willing- and obviously wanting- to raise her kids. She's had to grow up fast. I believe it's the "I had a crap childhood, so I'm going to do it right" mentality. Braver than I'll be in the near future.

I'm a very...VERY...territorial person. I have a bit of guard dog in me (I may even tend to growl) and I don't like people messing with those I love. I'm extremely protective of my friends and family. I keep my friends really close and I become very invested in whatever they have going on. Emotionally, this can be taxing. But, honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel like Pepper is the same way. In her own ways, she's already a bit mothering. When Lenora tries to get up on Cry Baby, Pepper ain't having ANY of that. Hatchet Face will cut a hoe if they get in her friends' faces. The Teardrops are always backing each other up and are always together. I think "Watch Your Ass", for the Drapes, also has a tone of comradery in it. They watch out for and understand each other. I know in the movie they often refer to themselves as a family and they have to be there for one another through thick and thin. I think that's pretty friggin cool.

Ta for now, darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment